Everybody knows about the English Calendar but very few people has ideas about Hindu Calendar also. So, I thought why not share some interesting facts about this day with my readers. Basically, it is celebrated on the very first day of Chaitra Shukla Pratipada and this time, we entered the Vikrami Samvat 2074. According to English Calendar, It’s held on 28th of March 2017 this year. But it keeps on changing each year according to Hindu Calendar. So, I’m gonna share 10 Facts about Hindu New Year that you might not know.
10 Facts about Hindu New Year that you might not Know!
- Lord Brahma created this universe on this very first day. That too, a long time ago.
- Navratri festivals begins from this very first day of Hindu New Year.
- It’s the coronation day of Lord Rama.
- Coronation day of Yudhishthir i.e., the Eldest Son of King Pandu and Queen Kunti.
- Vikrami Samvat started from B.C. 57 on the name Great King Vikramaditya. As you can see, 2074 begins now.
- Birthday of Sindhi Lord Sant Jhulelal.
- Aryasamaj was established by Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati.
- Birth of Second Sikh Lord, Angad Dev ji.
- Birth of Dr. Hedgewar who founded Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh commonly known as RSS.
- Date keeps on changing if we compare it to English Calendar.
We all must celebrate this day as our Hindu Promise day for the betterment of our entire year. Promise could be anything. It could be any Bad Habit you have that you want to leave at any cost. Or promise could be even something like, taking care of some Street Children by giving them a Surprise Visit someday. Promise has to be done to ourselves only. So that, you won’t be able to lie to yourself much.
In the end, there’s only one sincere request from my side as Share as much as you can. So that people will be aware of our Hindu religion more and can celebrate the beginning of this prosperous year 2074 as they celebrate during the beginning of English New Year.
Thanks in Advance & Wishing you including all of your Family members, a very Happy New Year ! 🙂